Snohomish County PUD is a municipal corporation of the state of Washington, formed by a majority vote of the people for the purpose of providing electric and/or water utility service. There are 27 other PUDs in Washington, but we are the largest.
Snohomish County PUD is the second largest publicly owned utility in the Pacific Northwest and the 12th largest in the nation in terms of customers served.
Headquarters: 2320 California Street, Everett, Washington 98201 (Mailing Address: PO Box 1107, Everett, WA 98206-1107). Main Switchboard: 425-783-1000. For community office locations and hours, click here.
The following statistics were compiled at year-end December 2022 and indicate information for that calendar year.
Electric System statistics
- Service area: 2,200 square miles, including all of Snohomish County and Camano Island.
- Electric line miles: 6,652
- New electric service connections: 5,051
- Residential: 338,130
- Commercial: 34,709
- Industrial: 76
- Other (street lighting, temporary lighting, etc.): 211
- Total Customers: 373,126
- Generating capacity (Jackson Hydro Project, Woods Creek Hydro Project, Youngs Creek Hydro Project, Calligan Hydro Project, Hancock Hydro Project): 132 megawatts (MW)
- Average number of employees: 1,047
- Energy sales: 8,608,527 megawatt-hours (MWh)
- Operating revenues : $765,321,000
2022 Retail Power Resources:
|Bonneville Power Administration (net of Slice sales)||76.8%|
|PUD Hydro (Jackson, Woods Creek, Youngs Creek, Hancock, Calligan)||6.9%|
|Other Renewables (biogas, co-generation)||0.3%|
Water System statistics
The bulk of the PUD’s water supply (72%) to serve its customers is purchased from the City of Everett, and some customers are supplied by well water.
- Service area: about 196 square miles
- 9 water systems
- 408 miles of pipe ranging from 1” to 30” diameter
- 17 reservoirs (15.5 mg of storage)
- 4 treatment plants (Sunday Lake, Lake Stevens, Kayak, Warm Beach)
- Average residential usage 82,000 gallons per year
- Average number of customers: 23,156
- Employees: 27
- Water Sales: 253 million c.f.
- Operating revenues: $15,506,000