Water conservation tips
We’ve been providing water conservation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. Here’s how you can help.
Grab a free water conservation kit
We have indoor and outdoor kits and supplies to help you save water as well as toilet leak detection strips. Please call our Water Utility at 425-397-3000 to schedule your pick-up. Available while supplies last.
These include Earth massage shower heads (1.75 gallons/minute), faucet aerators (1 gallon/minute), and teflon tape.
Toilet leak detection strips
Silent toilet leaks often go undetected. Place a few drops of food coloring or a leak detection dye strip or tablet in your toilet tank. Do not flush. Wait 20 minutes. If the water in the toilet bowl turns blue without flushing, you have a leak.
These include garden hose shut-off nozzle and garden hose repair ends (female/male for 5/8” and 3/4” hoses).
Automatic shut-off timers
These are for your hose bib.
Use a watering calendar
It’s never been so easy to conserve water! Download this convenient yard watering calendar for 2023. It also includes tips.
Plan a WaterWise garden
How can you bring a new balance of beauty and water conservation into existing landscape? It all starts with planning. You can avoid costly errors, reduce garden maintenance, and lower your summer water bills by following this six step garden planning program.
10 more tips to save water and energy
- Upgrade your old 5 gallon toilet a water-saver version that uses only 1.6 gallons of water per flush. Check out the EPA’s website for more details.
- Don’t run water in the sink while shaving, brushing your teeth, or lathering your face and hands.
- Take shallow baths, shorter showers, and consider bathing small children together.
- Avoid using the toilet as a wastebasket.
- Clean vegetables or rinse dishes in a pan of water, not under a running faucet.
- Keep a bottle of drinking water in the refrigerator to avoid running the tap to get a glass of cool water.
- Use the short-cycle option and air-dry setting on your dishwasher.
- Run only full loads in your dishwasher.
- Wash only with full loads and use water-level adjustment settings.
- Use cold water detergents for a more effective cold water wash.