Small business exclusives
We’re committed to helping the small businesses in our communities thrive. We support a handful of programs centered on small and mid-size businesses.
Find deeply discounted energy-efficient products for your business.
Offer is available to Snohomish PUD business customers with one or more facilities in Snohomish County.
Small Business Direct Install program
Are you a small business owner looking to cut your energy bills? Snohomish PUD has partnered with Puget Sound Energy on the Small Business Direct Install program to help conduct energy-efficiency surveys and install free or low-cost solutions.
Program perks include:
- A no-cost comprehensive assessment and energy savings report
- Proposal including additional energy-efficiency upgrade opportunities, if eligible
- Installation of no-cost and low-cost energy-saving products
- Reduced energy use and savings on your bill
- Improved work environment for employees and customers
Eligible businesses may take advantage of some of these simple energy upgrades:
- LED lighting: Fixture upgrades, exterior lighting, exit and open signs
- Occupancy sensors: Sensor controls that turn off lighting when a space is unoccupied
- Refrigeration: Display case lighting, energy-efficient replacement motors for low- and medium-temp coolers and display cases
- Water savers: Low-flow faucet aerators, pre-rinse spray heads and showerheads
- HVAC: Programmable thermostats, equipment assessments and referrals
We help businesses make improvements that save money
For the last 17 years, family-owned Blue Lagoon has been providing community members in the Casino Road neighborhood with a safe, clean, and dare we say fun, location to do their laundry. Like any small business, Blue Lagoon is interested in keeping their costs low so that they can keep costs low for the customers they serve. That’s why participating in the PUD’s Small Business Direct Install (SBDI) Program was an easy decision.
Through the SBDI program Blue Lagoon received 41 TLEDs (4’ LED lamps) at no cost. Because the PUD is partnering with PSE on this program, Blue Lagoon was also able to receive free sink aerator that will also help them save on their Puget Sound Energy gas bill. All the items were installed by professional licensed contractors. The total value of the installation was $2874, and the total cost to Blue Lagoon was $0.
“In addition to saving money on our future bills, the installation improved the way the laundromat looked,” said Silvia Villalobos, Blue Lagoon Manager. “It’s so much brighter, and our regular customers have even commented on how nice it looks.”
Could your small business benefit from free energy-saving lighting upgrades? Sign-up today.