Student art contest
Here at Snohomish PUD, we know students in our area have powerful ideas about energy. Let’s have some fun sharing some SUPER ideas by creating an energy superhero! This contest is closed, winners were announced April 26, 2023.
We invite you to create a superhero with energy-related superpowers.
Some ideas to get you started
Here are a few ideas to help get you thinking, but make sure to use your own creativity to power up your original idea.
Your Superhero/ine could…
- possess the power to generate clean electricity by controlling renewable resources.
- fly around Snohomish County and teach citizens how to conserve electricity and water.
- save the day by putting up an invisible barrier so people don’t get hurt by downed powerlines.
- use super speed to deliver emergency supplies to citizens who haven’t prepared for storms in the event of a power outage.
- use telepathy to prevent people from making dangerous choices around electricity.
All students in grades K-12 who live in Snohomish County or on Camano Island are eligible to enter.
- Your artwork must be an original design, created by you. No outside help, please!
- Your artwork may be hand-drawn, computer-generated, and/or created with photograph(s) (or a combination). Any medium (crayons, colored pencils, markers, paints/watercolors, ink, computer graphics, photography, etc.) is acceptable. Stick-on letters, glitter, and stickers are not permitted, nor may your artwork contain copyrighted images, photographs, and/or slogans.
- Your artwork must be created on an 8.5” x 11” sheet of white paper in a landscape (horizontal) orientation.
- Only one artwork submission per student.
- Entries will not be returned and will become the property of Snohomish County PUD.
- By submitting an entry into this contest, you automatically give the PUD permission and rights to display, post, use and store the image and your name as artist indefinitely in any media without notification or charge. Press releases may also be sent to local newspapers.
Any submission that does not meet the above criteria will not be considered.
Timeline & submission information
Entries must be received by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 29, 2023. Artwork should be mailed to Heather Herbst at Snohomish County PUD, PO Box 1107, Everett, WA 98206-1107 or hand-delivered to the PUD at 2320 California Street in Everett. A completed registration form must be taped to the back of your art work. No staples, please!
Entries will be judged on creativity, content, clarity and originality related to the theme. All decisions made by the judges will be final. Winners will be notified by Wednesday, April 26, 2023.
Up to 8 entries will be selected, with each winning artist receiving $75.
If you have questions about the contest, contact Heather Herbst at email@example.com.