Rebates for residential EV chargers
The PUD is offering up to a $350 rebate to customers who purchase and install qualifying Level 2 ENERGY STAR® certified EV chargers in their homes. Have any questions? Call our Energy Hotline at 425-783-1700.
The PUD’s Electric Transportation Plan aims to optimize the utility’s grid for transportation electrification and enable customer adoption of electric transportation. It includes investments in infrastructure that will optimize the grid for EVs, customer incentive opportunities and public outreach to promote clean transportation.
EVs charged in the PUD’s service area run on some of the cleanest power in the nation. Most of the utility’s energy is generated by hydropower. Over the past five years, more than 90% of the PUD’s fuel mix has come from clean resources like hydropower, wind and solar. Learn more about the PUD and electric vehicles.
To be eligible for the $350 PUD rebate, you must:
- Be a Snohomish County PUD customer
- Live in a single family home, manufactured home, or condominium
- Purchase and install a Level 2 charger from our Qualified Product List
- Apply for your rebate within 90 days of the invoice date
- Agree to be contacted about and participate in future PUD EV charger programs
- Agree to provide, or authorize the EV charger manufacturer to provide, PUD access to their charging data (data collection will be used to conduct research on EV charging patterns and their collective effect on PUDs electrical system and develop strategies to mitigate their impact)
Please note, your rebate must not exceed purchase price. Limit one rebate per home.
Unlike the Level 1 charger supplied with an EV, which plugs into a standard wall outlet, Level 2 chargers use a 240-volt dedicated outlet providing quicker charging time meeting the needs of longer range EVs. Before purchasing a Level 2 charging system, it is important to consult with the PUD and a licensed electrician because these high-power systems may require significant electrical upgrades to your home.
How it works
There are two easy ways to apply for your $350 PUD rebate: online or by mail
Claim your rebate online
- Click to visit our rebate site and then sign in or create an account
- Follow the prompts to submit your contact information and receipt within 90 days of the invoice date
- Receive your rebate in 2-6 weeks
Mail your rebate application form
- Download and fill out this paper application within 90 days of the invoice date
- Follow the instructions to mail your completed and signed form, including all supporting documents, to:
c/o Snohomish PUD Rebates
2223 S. Highland Dr. #E6-333
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
- Receive your rebate within 8–10 weeks