EV charger savings for businesses
The PUD is offering a rebate to our commercial, industrial and multi-family customers for purchase and installation of qualifying Level 2 ENERGY STAR certified electric vehicle (EV) chargers at their facilities.
Eligibility & requirements
- For new and existing commercial, industrial and multi-family facilities with commercial meters located within Snohomish PUD service territory. The EV Charger must be purchased and permanently installed. Leased EV chargers are not eligible.
- New construction facilities required by Washington state code to install EV infrastructure in 5% of parking spaces are eligible for a $500 rebate per port
- Existing facilities requiring infrastructure construction are eligible for a $1000 rebate per port
- The installed chargers must be Level 2 and listed on the Qualified Products List (QPL) in effect at the time of purchase.
- This rebate is per port (or “plug”). The maximum number of ports is ten (10) or up to five (5) dual-port EV charging stations
- Rebate must be claimed within 90 days of equipment installation
- Rebate may not exceed charger purchase price (new construction) or total project cost (existing facility)
- Supporting documents are required. Click here for an application that includes information on required documents
The PUD’s Electric Transportation Plan aims to optimize the utility’s grid for transportation electrification and enable customer adoption of electric transportation. It includes investments in infrastructure that will optimize the grid for EVs, customer incentive opportunities and public outreach to promote clean transportation.
EVs charged in the PUD’s service area run on some of the cleanest power in the nation. Most of the utility’s energy is generated by hydropower. Over the past five years, more than 90% of the PUD’s fuel mix has come from clean resources like hydropower, wind and solar.
To learn more about Commercial Electric Vehicles, click here.
(M-F, 8am to 5pm)