Incentives for energy-efficient new construction
In our ongoing commitment to help build a sustainable future, Snohomish PUD is offering Energy Design Assistance for new commercial, industrial, and multi-family buildings.
This program includes:
- Performance-based incentives of 45¢ / kWh for highly energy-efficient buildings
- Additional performance-based incentives for kW reductions during our winter peak hours
- Additional 25% bonus for all-electric facilities
- Additional 50% bonus for facilities with a minimum of 51% certified income-qualified units
- Design meetings with energy-efficiency modeling scenarios
- Design team stipend
Incentive rates and programs may change without notice. Funding is limited.
- For commercial, industrial, and multifamily new construction
- Design must exceed the permitted energy code by at least 10%
- All projects must be pre-approved
- All savings will be verified by the PUD
This program is provided by Willdan for Snohomish PUD.
Loans for Energy-Efficiency Projects
Snohomish County’s Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy & Resiliency (C-PACER) program is an innovative financing mechanism to help commercial, industrial, agricultural and multi-family buildings become more efficient and resilient.
C-PACER does not use any government funds, it is a loan agreement between a private lender and the property owner, like a mortgage or home improvement loan. The unique part about C-PACER financing is that the county records the loan as a lien on the property, which means that if the property owner sells the building, the assessment stays with the building (unless the payoff is part of the sale agreement).