Connect Up: Opt Out
The PUD’s Board of Commissioners is committed to giving customers options and has approved an opt-out policy for the Connect Up program. Customers who opt-out of Connect Up will not be able to access the benefits that come with the Connect Up, including detailed energy usage, on-demand customer service and eventually outage detection and new rate designs that could save you money.
What benefits will I miss out if I opt-out?
Watch the video below to learn more about the benefits that come with advanced meters.
Customers who opt out will receive a new meter with the communication radio disabled.
The PUD has approved two opt-out options:
- Customers can have a PUD meter reader read their meter for a monthly fee of $25.
- Customers can submit a picture of their meter and perform a self-read each month for a monthly processing fee of $5 per meter.
Eligibility: Not all customers are eligible to opt out of Connect Up. Some examples of customers who are not eligible to opt-out include:
- Customers who live in multi-unit residences with more than four units
- Water customers
- Commercial and industrial customers
- Customers with net-metering and/or temporary services
- Customers who live on Hat Island
To opt out of Connect Up, customer eligibility must be approved by the PUD. Please call 425-783-1000 to determine eligibility and request an application to opt-out.