Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1

Skip navigation and go to content

Customer Service (M-F 8a-5:30p): 425-783-1000


Enhanced Rebates:

For installations completed between 10/1/20 to 12/31/20

Ducted Heat Pumps (replacing forced-air furnace only)
Conversion ≥9.0 HSPF & 14 SEER
NOW $1,500
Conversion -
≥9.0 HSPF & 14 SEER
NOW $2,000
Inverter-Driven - Sized ≥10.0 HSPF & 14 SEER
NOW $3,000
Ductless Heat Pumps (single-head system only)
≥10.0 HSPF & 14 SEER, ≤18,000 BTU
NOW $1,200

When temperatures drop, energy bills increase because of heating costs. For customers with electrically heated homes, the PUD offers instant rebates to help you pay for eligible heat pumps, which offer efficient heating in the winter and cooling in the summer!

Customers must have electric heat as a primary heating source to qualify. Work must be completed by a PUD Registered Trade Ally.

Instant Rebates

The rebate amount depends on the measure installed (see below).

Eligible Measures PUD Rebate
Duct Sealing & Insulation
Single Family $5.00 per lineal foot, maximum $450
Manufactured Homes  
Heat Pumps (see enhanced rebates above)
Ductless ≥9.0 HSPF &
14 SEER = $800
Ducted, Conversion ≥9.0 HSPF &
14 SEER = $1,000
Ducted, Conversion - Sized ≥9.0 HSPF &
14 SEER = $1,500
Ducted, Inverter-Driven - Sized ≥10.0 HSPF &
14 SEER = $2,500
Upgrades (operational heat pumps) ≥9.0 HSPF &
14 SEER = $600
Commissioning, Controls & Sizing ≤9.0 HSPF &
14 SEER = $200

 All work must be done by
a PUD Registered Trade Ally.

How to Participate:

If you have any questions about the application process, please call our Energy Hotline so that our Energy Specialists can help. 

Who’s Eligible?

Customers who own an electrically heated single-family, manufactured home, townhouse or condominium in a building of up to four (4) attached dwellings may be eligible. Townhomes that do not vertically overlap are exempt from the number of units limit. Home or building must be located in Snohomish County or Camano Island.

Here’s how our Instant Rebate program works:

  1. Visit the page that applies to your project for details: weatherization or heating.
  2. Contact one or more PUD Registered Trade Allies for estimates. To receive a rebate, the work must be done by a PUD Registered Trade Ally.
  3. Select a PUD Registered Trade Ally, have the work done, and collect your instant rebate.
  4. PUD Registered Trade Ally submits the rebate application and any supporting documentation for you.
  5. PUD reviews and approves the rebate application and performs any required inspections.
  6. PUD pays the rebate amount to the contractor.

Find a Contractor:

Learn More About Heat Pumps

Home Energy Profile (click to view)

Energy Hotline:

(M-F, 8am to 5pm)
Submit your conservation question