Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1

Skip navigation and go to content

Customer Service (M-F 8a-5:30p): 425-783-1000

Discounts & Financial Help FAQs

View all
Is there is a way for income-qualified customers to get help with their PUD bill?

Yes, there is. We offer year-round discounts on electricity bills for our income-qualified customers and income-qualified senior citizen customers. Eligible PUD customers will receive a percentage discount off their electric bills with the actual amount depending on income level. The Commission sets the percentage discount each year.

For more details, see the link below the questions to the PUD Income-Qualified Assistance Programs.

Are there any other discounts available?

No, but those who are not eligible for our income-qualified discount program may get help from a number of social service agencies. In particular, St. Vincent de Paul administers Project PRIDE (Providing Relief for Individuals Dependent on Energy), which provides emergency assistance to people who have sought help from another agency and have incomes under a certain level. The program operates in the tax-deductible donations given by our more fortunate customers. See the link below for more information.

I would like to help a friend in need. Can I make a donation to a specific individual and remain anonymous?

Yes, you can! Simply come to any of our offices and pay the cashier the amount you want to give. We will credit your friend’s account with your payment.

We also provide gift certificates for those who would like to give a PUD payment as a gift. It’s especially meaningful to someone who may be having a hard time paying their PUD bills. When you make your payment, we can provide you with a certificate you can present to your friend or relative to let him or her know about your gift.