As part of the Arlington Microgrid Project, the PUD is planning a Community Solar program. Community Solar programs make it easier for all customers to benefit from solar energy by purchasing shares at a community site without needing a sunny roof or funding for their own solar panels.
Why Community Solar?
Community Solar is an easy way to access the benefits of solar energy:
- Minimal upfront cost
- No need to own your home or have a roof ideal for solar panels
- No installation hassle or maintenance concerns
How it Works
- A solar power array is developed by the utility
- A subscription process in held for participants to buy “shares”
- Each share provides a credit to the customer for their portion of the system’s production
Proposed Community Solar Program under development in 2018.
- Arlington array capacity: 500 kW AC with potential for expansion
- PUD will build the array and administer the program
- Site is approximately 3 acres
- Solar array construction is scheduled to start in January 2019 and be completed by June 2019
- The District anticipates opening up subscription sales in April 2019. Check back for more details in the coming months!
Interested? Email email@example.com to request program updates as they become available