Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1

Skip navigation and go to content

Customer Service (M-F 8a-5:30p): 425-783-1000

For Solar Contractors or DIYers

Are You a Contractor?

To be listed in our directory of PUD-Registered Solar Contractors, you must:

  • Have successfully contracted/completed at least one PV installation with a Snohomish PUD customer
  • Have been in business for the past year
  • Have current insurance and licensing for all work being performed. Submit a W-9, Certificate of Insurance with Snohomish County PUD as an additional insured for both auto and general liability complete with endorsement pages and current WA state business license
  • Submit a Solar Installer Agreement and Application (see Contractor Documents at right)

What Is the Process to Interconnect with the PUD?

1 Submit an Interconnection Application and a Net Metering agreement (available at right)
2 Your project submission is reviewed – if acceptable, we will issue an Approval to Construct for your project
3 Proceed with the solar installation, following all local codes and permitting requirements
4 After your electrical permit has been finalized, submit the Notice of Completion to the PUD
5 The PUD will set new solar meters
6 The PUD will execute your Net Metering agreement


Anyone installing or assisting a customer with a PV installation will need to follow PUD guidelines for interconnection and net metering. Technical assistance can be found on this page.