Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1

Skip navigation and go to content

Customer Service (M-F 8a-5:30p): 425-783-1000

Whole-House Power Monitor

For customers interested in using a whole-house power monitor: Power monitor devices all work by attaching a device on the outside of the PUD’s electric meter that sends information to a monitor inside your home showing you how much energy you are consuming. These devices are produced by several manufacturers.

The PUD applauds your choice to more closely monitor your energy use. Doing so can lead to significant energy savings. At the same time we must share some of the considerations you should be aware of around having this type device installed on the PUD’s meter.

  • Contact us: The PUD owns the electric meter on your home. Please contact us at 425-783-1000 before installing a power monitor – or attaching anything - on your meter.
  • Full access: The PUD must have full access to the electric meter at all times. If we have to remove your device to repair and/or read the meter, and the device is somehow damaged, we will not be able to replace it.
  • In case of meter repair or replacement: If we need to remove the power monitor, we will do so as carefully as possible and leave it with you. We will not reinstall it or reprogram it. Also, please note that from time to time the PUD may also need to replace your current meter and your power monitor device may or may not work with the new meter.
  • Damage to PUD meter: If you damage the PUD’s electric meter, any costs of repairing or replacing it will be your responsibility.
  • Accuracy: The readings from this device may not directly correlate to your electric bill. This could be for a number of reasons including other charges included in your bill such as added taxes, or the fact that the bill used an estimated read for certain billing periods.
  • Rebates: The PUD does not currently offer rebates for power monitor devices.