Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1

Skip navigation and go to content

Customer Service (M-F 8a-5:30p): 425-783-1000

Income-Qualified Assistance Programs

The PUD offers year-round income qualified rate discounts of 25 or 50 percent off of PUD electric and water bills to customers based on the total household income limits below.

Household Size
Monthly Income Annual Income
   1 person $2,521 $30,252
   2 people $2,903 $34,840
   3 people $3,660 $43,920
   4 people $4,417 $53,000
   5 people $5,173 $62,080
   6 people $5,930 $71,160
   7 people $6,687 $80,240
   Each additional
   person, ADD:
$756 $9,080

The printable PDF application can be found to the right. Customers can obtain a printed application at any PUD office, at most senior citizen centers, or by calling Customer Service.

Applications are generally reviewed near the time of your next scheduled billing date. A letter will be mailed to you letting you know if your application was approved or denied, and, if approved, at what rate. If approved, the discount rate will be for future billings and does not apply to current charges nor to past due amounts.

More Resources

Federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): Help with heating bills is available through this program, whether residents heat with electricity, natural gas, propane, oil or wood. Certain eligibility requirements apply. Grants range from $100 to $1,000. For more information, Snohomish County residents should visit Snohomish County’s website or call 425-388-3880. Camano Island residents should call the Stanwood Camano Community Resource Center at 360-629-5257 (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).

North Sound 2-1-1: 2-1-1 is an easy-to-remember phone number for people to call for health and human service information and referrals and other assistance to meet their needs.

Project PRIDE: Project PRIDE offers grants of up to $125 and has income guidelines similar to those posted in the PUD non-senior discount table above. It is administered by St. Vincent de Paul and is funded by voluntary contributions from PUD customers. For more information, call St. Vincent de Paul at 425-374-1243.

Free Weatherization Programs for Owners or Renters: This program offers free weatherization help to those who qualify based on income, including repairs to windows, functional checks of heating systems, sealing of larger leak areas with caulk and weather-stripping and various insulation work. Landlords must approve work performed on the renter’s behalf. For more information Snohomish County residents should call Snohomish County at 425-388-7205 and Camano Island customers should call the Opportunity Council at 1-800-317-5427.

Important Information

Customer Service:

(M-F, 8am to 5:30pm, except for holidays)


Western Washington & outside Everett

Business Customers:

(M-F, 8am to 5pm, except for holidays)