Bringing Joy to Our Communities! Submit a photo that you believe will lift the spirits of your community members!
All high school students in grades 9-12 who live in Snohomish County or on Camano Island are eligible to enter.
- Your photo must be taken by you (no outside help, please!) and may not include copyrighted content. The photo location must be within Snohomish County or on Camano Island.
- Photos may be submitted as prints via mail or as a high-resolution digital image electronically via our website.
- All submissions must be in landscape (horizontal) orientation.
- For printed submissions, photos must be unmounted, 8” x 10” or 8.5” x 11”, may be either black-and-white or color, and must be printed on photographic stock.
- For printed submissions, a completed registration form must be taped to the back your photo (see form to the right). No staples, please!
- For electronic submissions, your digital image must be high-resolution (240 ppi/dpi or higher) at least 1 MB in size but no larger than 475 MB.
- Only one photo per student (multiple small photos on one 8.5” x 11” sheet or in one file are not allowed).
- Photographers retain ownership of all copyrights. However, submitted materials will not be returned and will become the property of Snohomish County PUD.
- By submitting an image for entry into this contest, you automatically give the PUD permission and rights to display, post, use and store the image and your name as photographer indefinitely in any media without notification or charge.
Any submission that does not meet the above criteria will not be considered.
Timeline & Submission Information
Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 21, 2021. All photos should be mailed to Heather Herbst at Snohomish County PUD, PO Box 1107, Everett, WA 98206-1107 or submitted via the PUD website.
Submit your photo entry electronically (click here).
Entries will be judged on: how well the photograph illustrates the theme “Bringing Joy to Our Communities,” artistic merit and technical quality. Winning photographs may be included in the PUD 2022 calendar. Winners will be notified by May 19, 2021.
Each winning photographer will receive $50 and the possibility of seeing their work included in the PUD 2022 calendar.