Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1

Skip navigation and go to content

Customer Service (M-F 8a-5:30p): 425-783-1000


If your electrical service is damaged, you have the right to file a claim against the PUD. These are the steps to follow:

  • Request a claim form from a claims representative in our claims office. Call (425) 783-8389, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
  • Complete the form, attaching copies of whatever documentation you may have.
  • Mail the form to the Risk Management Department, Snohomish County PUD, P.O. Box 1107, Everett, WA 98206-1107.

Once we receive your completed claim form, it is submitted to a claims adjusting firm for processing. If an investigation shows the damage was the result of our negligence, the claims adjuster will contact you to reach a settlement. If we were not responsible, you will receive a letter explaining why your claim has been denied.

The PUD is not liable for the following situations:

  • Power interruption.
  • Damage due to natural causes, such as windstorms, ice, lightning, snow, trees or animals.
  • Damage caused by the negligence of a third party (someone not employed by the PUD). A driver who crashes into a utility pole and knocks out power is an example of a liable third party.
  • Most abnormal voltage situations.