Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1

Skip navigation and go to content

Customer Service (M-F 8a-5:30p): 425-783-1000

Common Area Participation Process

Pre-Approval is required before any work begins.


Contractor Installation

  1. Select a contractor. You can select your own or use a lighting contractor from our list (see "Find a Contractor" to the right)
  2. Inform the contractor that you want to apply for the PUD incentive. The contractor needs to complete the Measure Input portion of the Application Packet and will supply spec sheets
  3. Submit the following to (either property manager or contractor may submit):
    • Signed, completed Application Packet
    • W-9 for the complex and contractor
    • Spec sheets for new products

On-site Staff Installation

  1. Submit the following to
    • Signed, completed Application Packet
    • W-9
    • Spec sheets for new products


  • A PUD Energy Services Authorization (ESA) will be sent to you and your contractor (if applicable), approving your project as eligible for incentives
  • Complete installation within 90 days of receiving ESA.
  • Contact the PUD immediately if the project scope changes. This requires an updated Application Packet and spec sheets.

After Installation

  • Submit the signed ESA, invoice for materials, and customer invoice (unless on-site staff install) to
  • Payment will be processed following PUD project verification

Related Documents

For Contractors: