Snohomish County Public Utility District No. 1

Skip navigation and go to content

Customer Service (M-F 8a-5:30p): 425-783-1000


Weatherization imageSo you're considering upgrading or enhancing your home with some energy-efficient features? Great news! For customers with electrically heated homes, the PUD offers instant rebates to help you pay for eligible energy-saving home improvements.

Customers who have electric heat and want to install 1) insulation in their floor, ceiling, or walls, 2) insulated windows, or 3) duct sealing & insulation are eligible for rebates. 

Instant Rebates

The rebate amount depends on the measure(s) installed (see below).

Eligible Measures PUD Rebate
Insulation Up to $1 per s.f.
Attic -  must be R-19 or less to R-49
Floor - must be R-11 or less to R-30 
Wall -  must be R-0 to R-11
Duct Sealing & Insulation 
Single Family
Manufactured homes
 - Single-wide
 - Double/Triple-wide
$5 per l.f. up to $450

Windows & Sliding Glass Doors
Single-pane to double/triple-pane U.30 or less $100/window
Double pane metal frame to double/triple pane U.30 or less $50/window

All work must be done by
a PUD Registered Trade Ally.

How to Participate:

If you have any questions about the application process, please call our Energy Hotline so that our Energy Specialists can help.

Who’s Eligible?

Customers who own an electrically heated single-family, manufactured home, townhouse or condominium in a building of up to four (4) attached dwellings may be eligible. Townhomes that do not vertically overlap are exempt from the number of units cap. Home or building must be located in Snohomish County or Camano Island.

Owners of electrically heated multi-family buildings and condominiums that have five (5) or more attached units may qualify for our commercial rebates program. For additional details, click here.

Here’s how our Instant Rebate program works:

  1. Visit the page that applies to your project for details: weatherization or heating.
  2. Contact one or more PUD Registered Trade Allies for estimates. To receive a rebate, the work must be done by a PUD Registered Trade Ally.
  3. Select a PUD Registered Trade Ally, have the work done, and collect your instant rebate.
  4. PUD Registered Trade Ally submits the rebate application and any supporting documentation for you.
  5. PUD reviews and approves the rebate application and performs any required inspections.
  6. PUD pays the rebate amount to the contractor.

Other Financing Options, Credits & Incentives

Find a Contractor:

General Information

Energy Hotline:

(M-F, 8am to 5pm)
Submit your conservation question