Start/Stop Service

If you are moving into a new home, apartment or building, you will need to inform the PUD in order to ensure that you have electrical service at your new place. Please contact Customer Service at 425-783-1000 before or on the date of moving in/out to assure that billings will be as accurate as possible. If you are stopping PUD service, you are responsible for your PUD bill until the day you notify the PUD that you no longer need service. 

You may also start or stop service by visiting any of our offices throughout Snohomish County.

Please DO NOT use this site's contact page to start or stop PUD service.

Identity Verification: As part of its Identity Theft Prevention program that is required by law, the PUD uses Social Security Numbers (SSN) to validate the identity of customers who open accounts on-line, by fax or over the telephone. Customer SSNs are maintained in a secure environment. Customers wishing to use other government-issued identification are welcome to apply for service in person at a local PUD office. To apply in person, please bring two pieces of unexpired, government-issued identification, one of which contains a photograph. The PUD will accept all forms of identification approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and/or the U.S. Transportation Security Administration.

To view frequently asked questions about billing and payments, click here.

Important Information

Customer Service:

(M-F, 8am to 5:30pm)


Western Washington & outside Everett