For new customers as well as existing customers who are starting residential service at a new address.
You will need to provide this information:
- Social Security Number* (SSN): the PUD uses the SSN to validate customer identities
- Address: physical address where you need to start service
- Mailing Address: if different from the physical address
- Start Date: date of ownership or possession, or start of lease
- Phone Number: primary contact telephone number
To start service, you must contact the PUD's Customer Service department (see contact info to the right) or visit a local PUD office (click here for office location and hours).
*Customers wishing to use other government-issued identification are welcome to apply for service in person at a local PUD office. To apply in person, please bring two pieces of unexpired, government-issued identification, one of which contains a photograph. The PUD will accept all forms of identification approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and/or the U.S. Transportation Security Administration.
Account Service Charge
Requests to start new service will include an Account Service Charge. Other fees may apply (see Starting Service Fees to the right). Click here for current fees.
- A security deposit may be required when starting service. Residential deposits are credited back to the PUD account after 12 months of excellent payment history.
- Deposit amounts are due with the first billing invoice.
- Waiving the deposit: New residential customers can request to have the deposit waived if:
- A letter of excellent credit from another heating utility showing at least one year of service in the past 24 months is faxed to us (see number to the right) OR
- A credit report from Equifax, Experian or TransUnion that is run within the past 90 days and shows an excellent credit score is faxed to us (see number to the right)