Billing Schedule/Payments

Your first PUD bill either will be for an Account Service Charge or it will be for the period from the date your account was opened until the first regular meter reading date. All subsequent residential bills will be for a two-month period. Because of weekends and holidays, billing periods will vary from 57 to 64 days.

The Account Service Charge covers the many costs involved with opening a new account. The account must be established on our computer system, for example, and we must send a meter reader to the location to take an initial meter reading. Rather than ask all customers to pay the cost to change a customer’s records, we ask only those who move to pay for the cost of opening new accounts.

Your billing date is determined by when the meters in your neighborhood are scheduled to be read. You get your bill about two days after the meter reading, and payment is due upon receipt of your bill. Customers will receive a “Reminder Notice” 15 days after the bill due date.

Your meter is read every two months. When the period between meter readings spans two different seasonal rate prices, the PUD charges a rate based on an average of the summer and winter rates. For example, if your meter was read on March 15, May 15, and July 15, the three bills for these two-month periods would have different rates on them. The March 15 reading would be at the winter rate; the May 15 reading would reflect an averaged rate; the July 15, the summer rate.

You also might consider our Budget Payment Plan (BPP), which helps keep your PUD payments the same amount all year round.

When is the best time to contact our Customer Service Department? You’ll be served faster if you call when our customer service representatives are least busy. It’s best to avoid Mondays, the first working day following a holiday, and weekdays after 4:00 p.m. Your call will be answered Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (excluding holidays).

Where can you mail a payment? Our mailing address for bill payments is Snohomish County PUD, P.O. Box 1100, Everett, WA 98206-1100.

Where can you make a payment in person? We have several PUD payment stations located throughout the county.

Can you transfer funds electronically from your bank account or use a credit/debit card to pay your PUD bill? Yes, you can either do this online at our Web site using SnoPAY (click here) or on the phone (click here). Both methods are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at no additional charge.

Important Information

Customer Service:

(M-F, 8am to 5:30pm)


Western Washington & outside Everett